When I was selling as a Field Sales rep, life was easy. Traffic jams were rare (yes, that does exist). Appointments were relatively easy to get. Prospects were curious about what you had to sell. Without exaggerating, they welcomed you with open arms. Getting ahead in B2B selling was uncomplicated. They wanted to know how you could help them to advance in their business. And they gave you time to do that.
How things have changed:
- Your contacts’ calendars are overloaded, so adding sales calls to their schedule is challenging. For that reason, they brush you off.
- Customers are overwhelmed with information. They are thinking: Does the next salesperson have the information I need?
- Salespersons before you may not have created value, and hence, you are fighting against a negative customer experience.
- New technologies have been adopted that prevent customers from committing to a face-to-face sales meeting.
- B2B buying is more complex than ever. Without a solid ROI, nothing gets approved. A mistake can be costly.
- Economic slowdown forces a focus on the bottom line. Key stakeholders are fighting internally for budgets.
The BIG Selling with the Buyer’s Perspective QUIZ
If you want to get ahead in B2B selling now and dominate your customer’s time, you need to Sell with the Buyer’s Perspective. Consider all sales activities and behaviours that help you to do that. Test yourself in the below quiz on how well you can sell with the Buyer’s Perspective. There are 27 questions. After reading the question or statement, click on the answer you feel is correct. You will only see the results after completing the quiz.
Results: how did you do?
At a score of 85%, you should give yourself a pad on the shoulder. Well done, you passed! Check your incorrect answers and search on the Homepage for more guidance.
I hope you enjoyed doing the quiz. Challenge yourself to improve every day in getting ahead in B2B selling through Selling with the Buyer’s Perspective.
Sales Managers, encourage your sales teams to do the quiz. It’s a great opportunity to reinforce the Selling with the Buyer’s Perspective skills. Everyone will win.